Two Day or Three Day Short Courses are designed for clinicians who want to learn how to maximize adaptive functioning of their patient’s brain through the use of the energy and information from different Brain Systems.
The workshops are hands on: dynamic and interactive exercises, DVD recordings of actual clinical sessions, and therapy demonstrations and practice activities.
As a clinician, you will experience first hand how to harness the positive and adaptive neuropathways that are always present in the brain.
Beatriz Sheldon MEd.Psych. andAlbert Sheldon M.D.
Dr. Sheldon and Ms. Sheldon have been developing new experiential teaching approaches to enable therapists to incorporate (even embody) this wisdom into their own therapeutic work. Dr. Sheldon and Ms. Sheldon have been developing new experiential teaching approaches to enable therapists to incorporate (even embody) this wisdom into their own therapeutic work.
If there are currently no in person trainings offered in your area or your desired timeframe, there are real advantages to learning the concepts and treatments of CIMBS online right now. Each of our online trainings are direct recordings of past weekend workshops and are suitable for complete beginners. Plus online, you can take the learning slowly and let it settle in gradually. Go back and see it again, and you will learn something more the second or even third time. Click HERE for more information!
Developing Resilient Emotional Brain Systems
How to Activate, Facilitate, Differentiate and Train Multiple Emotional Systems on Four Levels of the Brain.
A 2-day Psychotherapy Experiential Training Course that was recorded in Nov 2021 and is available as an online training course!
New Developments in the Therapeutic Attachment Relationship
Focus on Therapist Resources to be more Effective and Fulfilled. Adding new resources to your practice and to your patients. Shifting your therapeutic balance to provide more resilience and energy to enliven your treatment process.
A 1-day Psychotherapy Experiential Training Course that was recorded in Spring 2022 and is available as an online training course!
Future dates pending… Contact us for more information
CIMBS™ SMALL MONTHLY
Methods of Training:
- Video-recordings of clinical therapy sessions by participants and instructors.
- Elaboration of CIMBS therapeutic skills
- Experiential learning with demonstrations and role-playing
- Discussions of Theory
Small Training Groups with Terry Sheldon
There are three training group courses offered in the Fall and Spring. The training groups meet once per month for 3 hours, with each training session divided into 3 sections:
–1 hour lecture-
–1 hour experiential
–1 hour video presentation showing trainees’ CIMBS work with clients (20 min. each trainee). Beginning trainees who have not attended two weekend workshops will not be required to show video.
Individual Supervision and Specialized Training with Dr. Ellen Beauchamp
Ellen Beauchamp is now offering one hour appointments for therapists for individual supervision and/or specialized training in CIMBS.
Are you interested in…
- Collaborating with your DVDs regarding presentation for CIMBS certification OR
- Individual Supervision
- Enhancing and practicing incorporating “The Core System ‘A Team'” and the see foundational emotions with parallel processing
- Exploring and understanding the inter-connectedness of the four levels of CIMBS
- Collaboratively exploring segments of DVD sessions to examine and strengthen your own abilities and confidence in the integration of the CIMBS principles.
If so, please contact Ellen for an appointment or more information at
Monthly Zoom Training Group with Zandra Zimmerman
The focus of this fall training is “Physical Wisdom and the Power of Our Emotional Systems. Each month we focus on a different aspect of this topic.
– Mondays from 9 AM to noon.
– Sept 19, Oct. 17, Nov. 14, Dec. 9, and Jan. 8.
– Cost is $500 and comes with 15 CEU’s for the 5 months.
– Meets on Zoom
Monthly Consult Drop-in Group with Zandra Zimmerman
Time is split among the 3 – 6 participants and each can use their time to ask questions, consult on a case, experience CIMBS as a client, “be” their difficult client in an experiential situation, show a video, or have me show a video – whatever they need/want.
- Meets every second Monday of the month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Starting October 10, 2022
- Cost is $100 for the 2 hour meeting
- At least 3 participants are required for this meeting to take place
- Meets on Zoom
Please contact Zandra for more information regarding these two opportunities: email@example.com.
Fall/Winter In-Person Training Group with Janel Fox
One spot remains available in my Fall/Winter training group focused on The Physical Wisdom and Power of Each of Our Emotional Systems. This is an experiential training group that consists of didactic presentations, live practice of the CIMBS paradigm and review of CIMBS sessions recordings to illustrate what we are learning. Our group is infused with compassion, humor, mutual support, care and inspiration. We welcome your participation!
– We will meet in person, providing there is no Covid interference.
– 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm in the Wallingford neighborhood.
– October 14, November 4th, December 2nd, January 6th and February 3rd.
– Cost is $500 and includes 15 CEUs.
There are currently four therapists in the group, including those who are new to CIMBS and those who are experienced.
If you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.