Two Day or Three Day Short Courses are designed for clinicians who want to learn how to maximize adaptive functioning of their patient’s brain through the use of the energy and information from different Brain Systems.
The workshops are hands on: dynamic and interactive exercises, DVD recordings of actual clinical sessions, and therapy demonstrations and practice activities.
As a clinician, you will experience first hand how to harness the positive and adaptive neuropathways that are always present in the brain.
Beatriz Sheldon M.Ed., Psych. and Albert Sheldon M.D.
Dr. Sheldon and Ms. Sheldon have been developing new experiential teaching approaches to enable therapists to incorporate (even embody) this wisdom into their own therapeutic work.
If there are currently no in person trainings offered in your area or your desired timeframe, there are real advantages to learning the concepts and treatments of CIMBS online right now. Each of our online trainings are direct recordings of past weekend workshops and are suitable for complete beginners. Plus online, you can take the learning slowly and let it settle in gradually. Go back and see it again, and you will learn something more the second or even third time. Click HERE for more information!
Complex Integration of Multiple Brain Systems (CIMBS ™)
A New In-Person Training Course:
“Discovering & Developing the Therapist’s
Conscious Emotional Brain Systems”
Harnessing the Power of Your A-Team
- 2-day Psychotherapy Experiential Training Course
- Approved for 12 hours of CEUs
- Limited to 30 participants
- Training is wheelchair accessible
- Adding new resources to your practice and to your clients/patients
Albert Sheldon MD | Beatriz Sheldon MEd, Psych, LMHC
Janel Fox MA, LMHC | Zandra Zimmerman MC, LMHC
Often therapists underestimate their own capacities and competence. As a consequence, they are not able to fully enjoy their work and appreciate their treatment successes [with their patients]. Few therapists have been trained to discern the distinctions between the five conscious emotional brain systems. These are the Awareness, Attention, Authority, Autonomy and Agency brain systems or the A-team. This course will focus on developing the competencies of the therapist’s A-team.
The four presenters in this course will provide the participants with some new skills and exercises to enhance their abilities to harness the power of the therapist’s A-team. The therapist’s A-team plays major roles in facilitating and achieving a synergistic emergent complex alliance with their patients. Each presenter will share their special expertise to give the participants new perspectives on their own capabilities. Each day there will be opportunities for the participants to put into practice all the members of their own A-team.
There are currently no upcoming workshops scheduled.
Contact us for more information.
CIMBS™ SMALL MONTHLY
Methods of Training:
- Video-recordings of clinical therapy sessions by participants & instructors
- Elaboration of CIMBS therapeutic skills
- Experiential learning with demonstrations and role-playing
- Discussions of theory
Small Training Groups with
There are three training group courses offered in the Fall and Spring. The training groups meet once per month for 3 hours, with each training session divided into 3 sections:
- 1 hour lecture
- 1 hour experiential
- 1 hour video presentation showing trainees’ CIMBS work with clients (20 min. each trainee). Beginning trainees who have not attended two weekend workshops will not be required to show video. Learn more.
Individual Supervision and Specialized Training with Dr. Ellen Beauchamp
Ellen Beauchamp is now offering one hour appointments for therapists for individual supervision and/or specialized training in CIMBS.
Are you interested in…
- Collaborating with your DVDs regarding presentation for CIMBS certification OR
- Individual Supervision
- Enhancing and practicing incorporating “The Core System ‘A Team'” and the see foundational emotions with parallel processing
- Exploring and understanding the inter-connectedness of the four levels of CIMBS
- Collaboratively exploring segments of DVD sessions to examine and strengthen your own abilities and confidence in the integration of the CIMBS principles.
If so, please contact Ellen for an appointment or more information at
Monthly Zoom Training Group with Zandra Zimmerman
The focus of this fall training is “Physical Wisdom and the Power of Our Emotional Systems. Each month we focus on a different aspect of this topic.
– Mondays from 9 AM to noon.
– Cost is $500 and comes with 15 CEU’s for the 5 months.
– Meets on Zoom
Monthly Consult Drop-in Group with Zandra Zimmerman
Time is split among the 3 – 6 participants and each can use their time to ask questions, consult on a case, experience CIMBS as a client, “be” their difficult client in an experiential situation, show a video, or have me show a video – whatever they need/want.
- Meets every second Monday of the month from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Starting October 10, 2022
- Cost is $100 for the 2 hour meeting
- At least 3 participants are required for this meeting to take place
- Meets on Zoom
Please contact Zandra for more information regarding these two opportunities: email@example.com.